Electronic waste, or e-waste, is a term for electronic products that have become unwanted, non-working or obsolete, and have essentially reached the end of their useful life.
As per E-waste Rule 2016, the E waste defined as ‘electrical and electronic equipment, whole or in part discarded as waste by the consumer or bulk consumer as well as rejects from manufacturing, refurbishment and repair processes.
E-waste contains many valuable, recoverable materials such as aluminum, copper, gold, silver, plastics, and ferrous metals. In order to conserve natural resources and the energy needed to produce new electronic equipment from virgin resources, electronic equipment can be refurbished, reused, and recycled instead of being land filled.
E-waste also contains toxic and hazardous materials including mercury, lead, cadmium, beryllium, chromium, and chemical flame retardants, which have the potential to leach into our soil and water.
Benefit of recycling of E-waste:
- E-waste contains many valuable, recoverable materials such as aluminum, copper, gold, silver, plastics, and ferrous metals. In order to conserve natural resources and the energy needed to produce new electronic equipment from virgin resources, electronic equipment can be refurbished, reused, and recycled instead of being land-filled.
- E-waste also contains toxic and hazardous materials including mercury, lead, cadmium, beryllium, chromium, and chemical flame retardants, which have the potential to leach into our soil and water.
- Protects your surroundings- Safe recycling of outdated electronics promotes sound management of toxic chemicals such as lead and mercury.
- Conserves natural resources– Recycling recovers valuable materials from old electronics that can be used to make new products. As a result, we save energy, reduce pollution, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and save resources by extracting fewer raw materials from the earth.
- Helps others – Donating your used electronics benefits your community by passing on ready-to-use or refurbished equipment to those who need it.
- Saves landfill space – E-waste is a growing waste stream. By recycling these items, landfill space is conserved.
Recycling of E-waste:
The company has tied -up with the E-waste Solutions for collection of all our E-waste on PAN India and disposes the same at their plant at Industrial area 1A, Industrial Estate, Sector 6, Faridabad, Haryana – 121006. Customer can reach or call on Toll Free No 1800 3010 3410 or 1800 123 5313 .Our representatives explain them about process of disposal and make them aware about nearest drop point available to drop the e-waste also give information about incentive we will offer to them against their end of life product. If any customer wants to handover the material from their door steps, we do send either our logistics team or E-waste Solutions team to collect the items and channelize the same to our e-waste partner plant for final processing
Do’s & Don’t s
- Always look for information on the catalogue with your product for end-of-life equipment handling.
- Ensure that only Authorized Recyclers repair and handle your electronic products.
- Always call our E-waste Authorized Collection Centers/points to Dispose products that have reached end-of life.
- Always drop your used electronic products, batteries or any accessories when they reach the end of their life at your nearest Authorized E-Waste Collection Centers/Points.
- Always disconnect the battery from product, and ensure any glass surface is protected against breakage.
- Do not dismantle your electronic Products on your own
- Do not throw electronics in bins having “Do not Dispose” sign.
- Do not give e-waste to informal (Kabbadi) and unorganized sectors like Local Scrap Dealer/ Rag Pickers.
Do not dispose your product in garbage bins along with municipal waste that ultimately reaches landfills.
|State covered||Address of Collection points||Toll Free Number|
|Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Puducherry, Andaman and Nicobar Islands||16-11-19/9, A to D, 2nd Floor, Shanta Heights Building, Saleem Nagar, Malakpet, Hyderabad – 500 036||1800 123 5313|
|Bihar, Jharkhand||Ward no. 46, Village – Kabilpur, near Laheriasarai Railway station, Darbhanga, Bihar – 846001||1800 123 5313|
|Chhattisgarh||House No.329, 1st Floor, Jagir Chowk, Near Dean Dayal Udhyan, New Khurshipar, Bhilai – 490012-C.G||1800 123 5313|
|Gujarat , Daman and Diu||Shop No.21, Mehar Compound, Tarsali Bypass, NH No.8, Opp. Nirmal Hotel, Tarsali, Vadodara – 390009||1800 123 5313|
|Haryana, Punjab and Chandigarh||Industrial area1A, Industrial Estate, Sector 6, Faridabad, Haryana – 121006||1800 123 5313|
|Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh||61/62, Sarwal Colony, Jammu, Jammu & Kashmir – 180005||1800 123 5313|
|Karnataka, Kerala||No.B-163, 1st Floor, 3rd Main D.D.U.T.T.L., Industrial Suburb, Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore – 560 022||1800 123 5313|
|Madhya Pradesh||M-4, Shrishti Complex, 206, Zone-1, M.P. Nagar, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh||1800 123 5313|
|Maharashtra, Goa, Dadra and Nagar Haveli||306/308, Central Facility Bldg-2, Phase-II, APMC Market, Sector-19, Opp. HDFC Bank, Vashi, Navi Mumbai – 400 705||1800 123 5313|
|Mizoram, Nagaland, Assam, Tripura and Sikkim (North East Region)||Clairvoyance Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Opp. Bibe House, Taxi stand, Main town, Kohima – 797001||1800 123 5313
|Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur and Meghalaya,
|Room No. 504, 1st floor opposite Economics & Statistics Department, Statistics Colony Gohpur Itanagar, Arunanchal Pradesh – 791113||1800 123 5313
|Rajasthan||Kaler Traders Near Rathi Petrol Pump, Suratgarh, Rajasthan – 335804||1800 123 5313|
|Tamil Nadu, Lakshadweep||No.81, (Old No.42), 3rd Floor, Coral Merchant Street, Mannady, CHENNAI – 600 001||1800 123 5313|
|Uttar Pradesh||R-16, South City, shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh – 242001||1800 123 5313|
|Uttrakhand||B-8, Gali no.-5, Singh Coloney, Rudrapur, Udham Singh Nagar – 263153||1800 123 5313|
|West Bengal & Odisha||238, B.T. Road, 1st Floor Floor, PS. Baranagar, Opp. HDFC Bank, Kolkata – 700 036||1800 123 5313|
|Delhi & NCR||Pilania House, Plot No.223, 224 Ext. 2C, Najafgarh Road, Nangloi, DELHI – 110041||1800 123 5313|
Toll Free No: 1800 3010 3410